October 11, 2013 by heathernwelch
Here are some of the new recipes I have tried lately! These are not ranked in any particular order just as they came to mind. If you have any ideas you would like to suggest to me….please do!
2. Potato Sausage Pepper Pouch http://www.iwantcrazyblog.com/potatoes-sausage-and-veggie-grill-pouch/#more-514
3. Stuffed Pizza (This is also my new favorite pizza dough crust *I make mine with whole wheat white flour) http://www.iwantcrazyblog.com/stuffed-pizza/
4. Asian Salad http://www.theendlessmeal.com/asian-salad-recipe/
5. banana oatmeal pancakes http://cookieandkate.com/2012/banana-oat-pancakes/
6. taco macaroni and cheese (this meal *if you make too much* freezes really well and is great to pull out later and reheat!) http://cassiecraves.blogspot.com/2011/07/taco-macaroni-and-cheese.html
7. one dish chicken (super easy, it might look bland, but it is not!) http://www.saving-makes-cents.com/2012/07/what-is-for-dinner/
8. whole wheat waffles (absolutely delicious!) I used whole wheat white flour http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/07/23/recipe-whole-wheat-waffles/
9. Easy Cheesy Mexican Chicken (so easy and so satisfying) I serve with brown rice, refried beans, cheese and sour cream. http://thrivinghomeblog.com/2010/01/easy-cheesy-mexican-chicken/
10. Hot Chili Chicken (the hubs and I are obsessed with this one!) http://www.iwantcrazyblog.com/hot-chili-chicken/
11. Quinoa, Chicken, Sweet Potato Stew (I haven’t made this one since last winter, but am excited to make it again soon!) http://joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/04/quinoa-chicken-sweet-potato-stew.html
12. Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos (one of my favorite summer meals….cilantro cilantro cilantro!!!) http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/special-dietary-needs/vegetarian/roasted-veggie-and-black-bean-burritos/
13. homemade pizza: using the crust from http://www.iwantcrazyblog.com/stuffed-pizza/ with whole wheat white flour, then I use some homemade canned spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, bell peppers, red onions, and whatever else looks tasty!
14. chicken alfredo: alfredo sauce from: http://www.jugglingrealfoodandreallife.com/2013/05/quick-and-easy-homemade-alfredo-sauce.html (for the garlic I use the minced kind from the jar…that might make me lazy…but so what!) I also use whole wheat or brown rice pasta. We usually have green beans and maybe a type of bread with it.
About 8 months ago, our household attempted to cut out most processed food. It has been mostly successful. It means that I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning up my big cooking messes because most meals and snacks are made from scratch. I have learned a few tricks and found what we enjoy the most. So anytime something calls for flour, I use whole wheat white flour. I try to stay away from ingredients that are overly processed (I mean, we do cheat sometimes 🙂 ) But most of these recipes can be made with very little processed food! I hope you enjoy them!